Some of the best romances start on the run. Fleet Feet's own, Michael Vance, proposed to his lovely wife while finishing a race! Here are some tips to bring on the romance during a running date:
- Pick a day that you both will be comfortable. If you are in extreme heat or cold, you most likely will only be thinking about how you look while shivering.
- Don't worry about sweating. Let's face it, while running, perspiration is going to happen. Just make sure you wear deodorant, and don't pile on the perfume or cologne as sweat can accentuate the smell.
- Wear something you are comfortable in. This is not the time to be trying out your new short spandex. Where something that has been washed and you know won't ride up in any places.
- Slow it down. This IS a date. Slow down your pace so you can both talk. But remember to keep an eye on the road. This is not the time to gaze into your date's eyes and risk a fall.
- Keep your bodily functions in check. This is not the time to hock a loogie. Even if it is ok in your normal running circles, don't run the risk of spitting into your date!